Tektronix SA2600 Handheld Spectrum Analyzer 10khz-6.2Ghz
The SA2600 will quickly scan the RF environment, classify the known signals, and help you locate the unknown signals with their field-proven signal hunting tools. Featuring real-time DPX™ Live RF spectrum display technology, the SA2600 offers practical solutions for discovering transient events that slip past conventional spectrum analyzers. With field-ready, rugged hardware featuring outstanding displayed average noise level (DANL), spurious free dynamic range (SFDR), phase noise, and easy LAN networking capability in a handheld unit, the SA2600 is a great choice for general-purpose spectrum measurements and ideal signal-hunting tools.
Evolving digital RF communication standards pose an unprecedented challenge to the surveillance and security community. Identification of unknown signals and determining their precise location has traditionally been accomplished using a combination of lab-grade spectrum analyzers, handheld spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and offline analysis capabilities using PCs. When lab equipment is used in the field, several limitations appear. Such instruments are not meant for field use, can be easily damaged, are not portable, and require AC power. Signal classification using these systems often requires a lot of prior knowledge about these signals, particularly when they are digital. With such systems the unknown signals can be difficult or impossible to identify.
By scanning the RF spectrum users can spot which signal emitters are in the area. Signals with significant power are usually candidates for further analysis, as are signals that are present infrequently. By color-coding events based on the rate of occurrence, the DPX™ Live RF spectrum display provides unparalleled insight into the behavior of signals. Performing 10,000 spectrum updates per second, transients as brief as 125 μs can be "frozen" in the frequency domain. This offers tremendous improvement over swept analysis techniques.
- 10khz-6.2Ghz Frequency Range
- 20Mhz Capture Bandwidth
- Minimum Event Duration for 100% POI: 125uS-500uS
- Benchtop spectrum analyzer performance in a ruggedized handheld battery-operated field unit offers better than 70 dB spurious free dynamic range (SFDR), guaranteed ≤ -95 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz offset phase noise specifications from 10 kHz to 6.2 GHz
- Excellent sensitivity for detecting very low-level signals with -153 dBm DANL at 10 Hz RBW (equivalent to -163 dBm/Hz) such as RF bugs and unauthorized transmitters
- Built-in classification capability for WLAN, GSM, W-CDMA, CDMA, ATSC signals makes quick and simple identification of legitimate signals
- Hunt outdoor signals with built-in GPS receiver by plotting measurements directly into GPS geo-referenced maps such as Pitney Bowes Mapinfo, Google™ Earth, Microsoft® MapPoint®, Bitmap, and many others
Request a Quote For This Product